JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Master Scheduler. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
Plans and executes production schedules and material flows, spanning multiple product programs. Principally responsible for production line production operations through the forecast, deploy, engagement, and assessment of plant resources and supply chain management, as required to deliver production build rate in accordance with product quality and cost objectives.
- Creates and maintains a feasible master schedule and builds plans across multiple programs. Serves as liaison between program managers and supply chain & procurement functions in assuring production schedules are met.
- Forecasts, plans, and schedules production cycles in accordance with required build rates and delivery dates across multiple production lines and programs.
- Collaborated with manufacturing engineering in establishing production requirements developing responsive facilities and production plans.
- Works closely with program managers, systems engineers, and manufacturing engineers in developing quality control plans, including metrics, measures, documentation, acceptance criteria, corrective actions, cost reduction, and quality improvement.
- Responsible for forecasting and reporting flow of materials required for production, including broadcasting material demand in materials management and procurement systems that buyers can drive order to JIT delivery.
- Manages station activity and station assignments of production personnel with purpose of maximizing production capacity and efficiency, especially labor per unit, inventory, and working capital.
- Manages quality inspection and inventory management process and supervises and backs up quality and inventory personnel.
- Monitors, assesses, and reports production and delivery risks and develops mitigation plans, including alternatives and countermeasures for production schedules, material flows, station Takt times, WIP, and inventory levels.
- Manages priority, ownership, containment, and resolution of Corrective Action Requests related to manufacturing, production assembly, supplier quality, and quality control
- Manages production breaks for product change related to design revision, substitutions, deviations, and rework.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Administrative
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2275