JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE
Innovative businesses see the future - and make it better. Battelle's Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business (EEMSGB) is leading a global revolution in Energy. We are investing in key initiatives that will deliver a safer, healthier, and more productive tomorrow by diversifying the energy sources, maximizing efficiencies, and ensuring reliability of energy systems. Battelle's science/technology base and dedicated leadership are forging a powerful future for the good of mankind. Are you ready to Fast Forward to your Future?
Battelle is a world leader in science and technology development and deployment. The Advanced Materials Applications (AMA) group within the Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business specializes in synthesis, formulation, processing, testing, evaluation, and application development of polymeric, ceramic, metallic, bio based, and nano-scale materials. AMA is seeking a Administrative Coordinator in our Columbus, Ohio office.
The Administrative Coordinator will provide functional administrative support and will have full accountability for administrative operations of the Advanced Materials Applications department, using in-depth knowledge of procedures, processes and precedents, as well as significant discretion in the completion of activities. The administrative coordinator will work under general guidance or direction.
The selected candidate will provide primary administrative support to all AMA staff working primarily in Columbus, Ohio and Daytona Beach, FL. The Administrative Coordinator will work from the Battelle Corporate Headquarters in Columbus, OH and will be expected to leverage relationships with support entities co-located there in order to ensure all program staff needs are met. Specific task expectations include but are not limited to:
- Administer and control primary administrative functions within the department acting in a singular and unique role.
- Act as an internal expert of AMA and Battelle's operations; advise others internally and externally as appropriate.
- Utilize knowledge professional and industry practices and governmental regulations to recommend and propose internal policies and procedures.
- Process and approve various transactions (travel planning, expense reports, purchases) where the application of procedures is not straightforward, entailing a high degree of latitude and judgment, as well as collaboration.
- Research a wide variety of complex information requests; initiate actions with after-the-fact supervisory review; identify issues to be addressed by management.
- Prepare complex trends and/or status reports, drawing data from a variety of sources within and outside the department.
- Provide quality document development and publication support for proposals, contracts, routine correspondence, and other communication requirements, utilizing various technical capabilities of IT equipment.
- Independently handles and routes or answers non-routine questions and correspondence, seeking support from others as appropriate.
- Assist in the formulation of the budget and business planning functions.
- Maintain current, accurate and complete files and documentation of procedures for AMA operations, including virtual repository.
- Assemble information for others; allocate charges and credits to appropriate accounts; originate journal entries and appropriate adjustments.
- Draft summaries and reports of compiled information.
- Speak on behalf of management and other exempt staff on matters related to administrative functions.
- Contact staff members and outside parties regularly to exchange information and respond to business transactions; interact with others to resolve issues related to administrative functions.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 5 to 10 years of successful administrative support experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- A high level of user expertise with computers and digital communications hardware and software, with the ability to learn and adapt to evolving technologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook applications. Functional knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Skill and presence for interacting effectively with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated and self-starting, with the ability to prioritize tasking and perform work efficiently to have impact in an autonomous environment.
- High degree of flexibility for dealing with changing demands and scenarios.
- US Citizen
JOB CATEGORY: Secretarial
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Executive Secretary and Administrative Assistant
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43209
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2408