JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Division. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Business Area is currently seeking an Industrial Hygiene Specialist. The position is located in Dayton, Ohio.
The position will work within the Medical Research and Response Product Line which specializes in support for public health and occupational health programs. The purpose of this position is to provide clients technical assistance in industrial hygiene; occupational, environmental and public health hazard assessment; health risk assessment; incident response planning, training, and evaluation; CBRN/TIC/TIM hazard recognition, evaluation, and control; health-related vulnerability assessments; and environmental monitoring technical support and assistance. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided. Relocation support is not available.
Specific Position Responsibilities
Project Execution: Provide technical support in the execution of projects from inception to completion utilizing good business practices and sound project management principles, Battelle guidelines and resources to provide quality products within task scope, resources and timelines in the technology areas of: Occupational, environmental and public health response, health risk assessment, and countermeasures to CBRN/TIC/TIM hazards for the following clients (in order of priority): (a) US military and Department of Defense (DoD) civilian personnel and facilities; (b) other DoD clients; and (c) civilian clients.
- Be a part of a team of professionals who provide clients with industrial hygiene, occupational, environmental and public health operational risk management and force health protection technical and support services specializing in health risk and vulnerability assessment for CBRN/TIC/TIM hazards.
- Assist in providing project technical consultations and recommendations to supervisor and conduct client projects to address specific problems including determining the specific techniques, tasks and procedures for problem solution.
Consultation and Coordination: Assist other Battelle elements in providing quality products by developing an understanding of the greater Battelle capability, recommending tasks for execution within Battelle to best support the client, and participating in matrixed staff support for project execution across the National Security business areas.
- Serve as industrial hygiene and occupational, environmental and public health technical support for other elements of the organization providing CBRN/TIC/TIM hazard avoidance planning and force health protection consultations to leading DoD, federal, state and industrial clients.
- Technical skills supporting traditional industrial hygiene and occupational, environmental and public health tasks may be required such as performing surveys, equipment and process hazard analyses and operational risk management assessments, formulating corrective actions, and developing and providing training.
Risk Assessment: Provide technical support in addressing planning issues involving CBRN/TIC/TIM defense within passive, consequence management, force health protection and military operational risk management areas. Facilitate the development of force health protection, incident response guidelines and training to assess risk and communicate mitigation.
- At least 6 years US military experience as a technician and supervisor working in bioenvironmental engineering, preventive medicine, occupational medicine or medical operations; 5 of those years with force health protection and incident response support responsibilities for the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
- Strong academic or experience background in chemistry, biology, physics or basic sciences.
- In-depth experience in health and CBRN/TIC/TIM hazard assessment in occupational and incident response environments and vulnerability assessment.
- Proficiency with industrial hygiene and field detection equipment. Industrial hygiene equipment includes, but is not limited to, air sampling trains, noise survey meters, and noise dosimeters. Field detection equipment includes, but is not limited to, handheld chemical and radiation detectors, biological immunographic assays, and area air sampling pumps.
- Experience supporting professional/technical staff and employees working at remote field sites.
- Secret security clearance or eligible for secret clearance or able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments while meeting technical requirements, budgets, and deadlines.
- Physically capable of performing the essential job functions of an industrial hygienist at a work site while wearing personal protective equipment, to include respiratory protection and protective clothing. It is envisioned that wearing PPE will be infrequent but necessary for the job.
- Willingness to travel to client locations worldwide, on an as-needed basis.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree from an accredited university in the biological or physical sciences, quantitative analysis, statistics or occupational health is desirable.
- Proficiency with the Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System – Industrial Hygiene (DOEHRS-IH).
- Experience in occupational health or industrial hygiene program management.
- Proficiency with field detection equipment, such as the HAPSITE portable GC/MS, HazMat ID Fourier transform infrared spectrometer, ADM-300 radiation meter, and SAM-935 gamma spectrometer.
- Possess a Secret security clearance.
JOB CATEGORY: Other / Not Specified
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Researchers
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 45390
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2281