Friday, October 21, 2011
Johnson Controls, Inc: Service Branch Manager - Columbus
JOB APPLY URL:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in over 150 countries. Our 142,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. (EEO/AA Employer)
Under general direction, establishes Johnson Controls presence in the Service business in the geographic market covered by the Branch. Drives share growth across all segments of the market while meeting profitability targets and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
1. Increases JCI share across local market segments to establish company leadership and sustain business growth. Develops and executes short and long-term Branch business plans. Produces accurate forecasts for Branch's financial objectives.
2. Manages Branch assets (people, financial and material) in a manner that meets or exceeds profitability goals.
3. Leads Branch efforts to identify, secure and retain customers by actively networking with community business, governmental and professional leadership; establishing relationships that enhance the local reputation of JCI and the Branch; and ensuring referrals and bid/proposal requests.
4. Drives account management principles and assesses potential customers and opportunities. Ensures the development and maintenance of Account Plans.
5. Builds a Branch climate that energizes team members to provide high quality, cost efficient, customer-directed service and exceed Branch performance targets.
6. Oversees Branch financial management following the policies and standards of JCI and with a stewardship that creates long-term viability for the Branch.
7. Establishes collaborative relationships across the Region and wider Service Business in order to maximize JCI performance, provide quality customer service, and take advantage of successful practices used by other Branches and Regions.
8. Monitors customer satisfaction and takes action to address satisfaction issues in a prompt and non-defensive manner.
9. Builds and leads the Branch team following JCI human resources policies and standards and providing coaching, development and motivation to bring out the best in each team member
10. Serves as an active member of the SSA management team including providing Branch performance information in an accurate and timely fashion, working with other management to secure customers and deliver projects (sharing resources and approaches as needed), and supporting management to maximize revenues and profitability (sharing success approaches, problem-solving, coaching and mentoring).
11. Acts and manages the Branch with honesty and integrity, following the highest ethical standards; complies with all local, state and Federal regulations.
Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering. Master's degree preferred. Progressive sales and/or operational experience in building systems. Experience in a lead or supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Development
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Business and Financial Operations
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 070041