JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR GROWTH
As part of Battelle's Health and Life Sciences Global Business, you will touch every aspect of human health. We deliver far reaching solutions to some of the world's most pressing health challenges - from developing medical products that change individual lives to pharmaceuticals that address potentially devastating health conditions on a global scale. Battelle supports your career by offering you the opportunity and resources to solve the most critical health problems, break through technology developments, mentorship opportunities, upward mobility, and company ethics and reputation. Are you ready to Fast Forward To Your Growth?
Our Health and Life Sciences Division is currently seeking a Chemistry Technician. This position located in West Jefferson, Ohio.
- Ensuring compliance to in-house specifications, standards and Good Laboratory Practices
- Preparation of chemistry samples prior to analysis
- Preparation of calibration standards and solutions
- Maintaining, calibrating, and cleaning equipment to specifications
- Setting up and operating various lab instrumentation to include: centrifuges, pipetting devices and other instruments
- Work around hazardous materials by following all safety guidelines to minimize exposure
- Requisition, receive, store, issue, and inventory parts/supplies
- Minimum requirement of Associate degree in chemistry or other life/physical science
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in analytical or laboratory roles
- US citizen and the ability to obtain/maintain certification in Chemical Personnel Reliability Program
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DOD security clearance
- Ability to pass random drug test
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation (GC, HPLC, LC/MS/MS, etc.)
- Proficient in standard wet chemistry techniques
- Experience working with extremely hazardous chemicals
- Experience with chemical agent surety operations
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
INDUSTRY: Health Services
JOB CATEGORY: Scientific (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental, Non-engineering)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Chemist
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
CITY: West Jefferson
ZIP CODE: 43162
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2260