Monday, October 10, 2011
Battelle: Cyber Graphics Intern
JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline, and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service, and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Cyber Graphics Design Intern. This position is for part-time work in Columbus OH. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.
- Developer user interface and user experience for multi-touch applications
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Be an effective organizer, have the ability to follow standard operating procedures and health and safety guidelines
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Current enrollment in an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program in Graphic Design or other related field of study
- Portfolio of graphic design work displaying clear, aesthetically appealing design
- Creative vision and ability to create functional designs from concept to execution
- Proven ability to work with new technologies and competing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Education concentration in electronic media, including multi-touch application design
- Past experience with electronic media software including Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator
- Software application design experience
- Past experience
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Other / Not Specified
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports and Media
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2242