Battelle - OH: Application Server Analyst (3227)
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/7xh8tv8
COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Application Server Analyst
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world’s energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow’s technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?Our Corporate Information Technology Group is seeking an Application Server Analyst to join our Systems Administration Team. This position is a full-time permanent role located in Columbus, Ohio.
· Define, design, build, test, implement, document and maintain Battelle’s IT infrastructure and enterprise application
· Monitor and troubleshoot systems and applications
· Recommend and take appropriate action to improve operational performance · Develop needs assessment information, evaluate new technologies and perform special projects as assigned
· Perform after-hours on-call duties
· Flexibility to shifting priorities and able to work with some projects during nights and/or weekends
· Interface with external vendors as necessary
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Five or more years of relevant systems administration experience
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
· Experience working in a team environment with the ability to work independently without direct supervision as well
· Strong organizational and analytical skills- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience administering Windows Server 2003/2008 and working with Windows 7/Microsoft Office products
· Experience in successfully installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, maintaining and configuring some of the following products:• Microsoft Office SharePoint Server• Oracle WebLogic Server or other J2EE application server • Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and configuration/deployments of .NET applications• Microsoft BizTalk Server• Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services • Microsoft .NET Framework • Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager • Microsoft System Center Operations Manager • HP Performance/Quality Center • HP Trim • Active Directory
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Experience with high-availability environments
· Experience with scripting in PowerShell, VBScript, or other languages
BENEFITS Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.