COMPANY NAME: Georgia Pacific
JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE PLANNER
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/7mxcauj
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Basic Duties include assisting the Maintenance Manager by planning, scheduling and coordinating daily work activities to maximize the efforts of the maintenance workforce; develop and maintain a three week rolling schedule in coordination with the Operations Optimizer and the Instrumentation and Controls technicians; prepare well documented work packages for all tasks to provide the degree of information required for safe, successful completion of all tasks; develop reliability based maintenance strategies utilizing preventive and predictive maintenance best practices; develop time and cost estimates, leads root cause and failure analysis investigations; provide step up coverage for Maintenance Manager during periods of absence; function as a first line supervisor.
Specific Duties include:
1. Plan Work as identified, to include: Estimate man hours required to complete the work; Work with Optimizer to understand equipment availability, Develop work process to detail steps required to complete task as guide for mechanics/technicians; Prepare all LOTO plans, JHAs, MOCs, Safe Work Permits and ancillary Safe Work Permit documents; Develop complete cost of all required parts; Develop list of all contractor trades required to complete the work.
2. Ensure correct materials, tools, JHA’s, procedures and equipment are available for all maintenance work. Coordinate with the Maintenance Clerk to ensure that appropriate parts are available and assigned to work orders to support work as scheduled.
3. Prepare and maintain well defined work process documents required for completion of all Tasks listed in the MP2 program; document all steps in the MP2 database.
4. Coordinate with Operations to prepare weekly maintenance schedule ensuring work orders are defined correctly and can be performed safely,
5. Maintain Work Order Back Log by editing and pulling work orders from the back log to the next week’s schedule.
6. Ensure all parts are charged out on work order. Provide reports of the weekly and monthly turn over.
7. Advise Maintenance Manager to ensure best utilization of plant personnel with regard to the needs of the facility.
8. Assist and contribute to Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis and other initiatives as may be deemed appropriate by the leadership team.Basic (minimum)
Qualifications are an Associate’s Degree with three to five years of maintenance related experience or five years’ experience in the maintenance field with a High School Diploma or GED required. At least two years of this experience must be in a planning function. Candidate must have a high level of computer literacy; position requires routine interface with CMMS (MP2), Microsoft Project and similar programs. Candidate must have a working knowledge of industrial plant processes and equipment.The successful candidate for the position will be well organized, forward thinking, possess good communication skills, the ability to solve problems, a sense of urgency and the ability to contribute to the efforts of the team.
In addition, they will have demonstrated knowledge of / experience with: * Preparation of detailed maintenance work schedules;
* Costing and Estimating;
* Pressure vessels, their maintenance and repair;
* Plant Processes;
* Maintenance best practices;
* Blueprint and Schematic Diagram Reading;
* OSHA regulations and Safe Work Practices.