COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Intern
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/85kyghy
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world’s energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow’s technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Intern to work at our Columbus, OH location.
POSITION SUMMARY:This position will have primary responsibility for coordinating and administering Battelle’s Intern and Co-Op program. Incumbents will be responsible for recruiting interns, including candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing, evaluating candidate fit, and managing requisition and applicant information through Battelle’s Applicant Tracking System. The incumbent will also have responsibility for planning social and networking events for Interns and Co-Ops.
· Recruits interns and may assist in the recruiting of other exempt and non-exempt positions.
· Plans social events for Interns and Co-Ops.
· Consults with HR staff and managers in the hiring process; identifies and understands technical skills and qualifications sought to fill open positions with high quality talent.
· Matches candidates to job profiles and makes direct contact with the applicant to market the employment opportunity and influence the applicant.
· Screens candidates and make recommendations for hire through telephone and in-person interviews.
· Manages requisition process: posts open positions to appropriate job boards, sources resumes and qualified candidates, conducts pre-screening phone interviews and facilitates candidate feedback process, conducts on-site interviews with hiring manager, assists with selection process, and processes offer to selected candidate.
· Ensures delivery of diverse, high quality talent and organization fit for candidates hired into the organization.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable employment laws and policies and maintains up-to- date internal policies.
· Participates in career events as Battelle representative (as needed).
· May assist in various other HR projects and activities as directed by HR Leadership including employee relations, record management, salary administration, policy guidance, performance management, and other special projects
. THE FOLLOWING MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION:
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Labor and Human Resources.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
· Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to be detail oriented.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.