COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Inhalation Senior Technician
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/8736fwt
COMPANY DESCRIPTION:As part of Battelle’s Health and Life Sciences Global Business, you will touch every aspect of human health. We deliver far reaching solutions to some of the world’s most pressing health challenges – from developing medical products that change individual lives to pharmaceuticals that address potentially devastating health conditions on a global scale. Battelle supports your career by offering you the opportunity and resources to solve the most critical health problems, break through technology developments, mentorship opportunities, upward mobility, and company ethics and reputation. Are you ready to Fast Forward To Your Growth?
Our Health and Life Sciences Division is currently seeking a Inhalation Senior Technician. This position located in West Jefferson, Ohio. Battelle's Biomedical Research Center is seeking an individual whose primary responsibility is to provide, but not limited to, technical support for the task work and maintenance of the Battelle Biomedical Research Center Aerobiology and Chemical Surety laboratories by assisting in the construction and characterization of aerosol and vapor generation and sampling systems. This includes responsibility for ensuring that all equipment and reagents and their respective logbooks and records are maintained, performing work that is task specific, QC review of data and qualification and validation of equipment and software. Additional roles for this position include interfacing with study directors; supervising, data technical review and analyses, maintaining inhalation equipment, troubleshooting when needed, and additional tasks as assigned.
- An Associates (minimum) or Bachelors degree (preferred) in biology, analytical chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, or a related field with 3-4 years (A.S.), 1-2 years (BS), or 4 years of industry experience is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills, teamwork, and attention to detail will be key for this position. The applicant must be able to work in a team environment and give and take direction. Applicant must possess skills in using MS Word and Excel programs.
- The candidate must be a U.S. citizen and be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved Investigational New Drugs (IND) recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents, and be willing to participate in periodic drug screening.
- The candidate must be willing to submit to a security investigation, meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information, and obtain DoD security clearance and DoJ clearance with Risk Assessment approval within one year of employment.
- Employment is contingent upon all of the above, and in addition, passing a physical examination to work in a BL-3 containment laboratory, medical clearance to wear a respirator, and drug screening.
- Maintain a good work attendance record and be punctual for all work.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in plethysmography (Buxco, Ponemah or similar software) and system validations.
- Experience in the dissemination of aerosols and vapors using various generation devices. - Experience in the design, construction, and characterization of various systems for the dissemination of aerosols (dry powders and wet suspensions) in the respirable mass range or vapors.
- Experience in animal handling is desirable.
- Prior experience with Good Laboratory Practices.
BENEFITSBattelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.