COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Software QA/Testing Intern
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/6o6q9r2
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world’s energy concerns, improving our national security and contributing to the health and well being of our nation’s citizens. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow’s technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
Our Corporate Information Technology (CIT) Group is currently seeking an Intern for our IT Testing Center of Excellence. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio. This individual will be a part of a team and will participate in project activities that complement academic training. They will work with test engineers, business analysts, developers, and project leaders while performing a variety of tasks. The intern will have daily interaction with IT staff to gain practical experience, perform a number of functions in a training capacity utilizing their technical, organizational, and administrative skills. The intern will work on assignments where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. In addition, gathering and organizing data for use in supporting decision-making processes is essential.
· Run quality assurance programs to test, identify, reproduce and report defects in software.
· Document basic problems and work with development team towards resolution. Report progress on problem resolution to lead testers
· Run and conduct routine software tests
· Update test scripts as directed by lead testers
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Applicant should be in a four-year college degree program working toward a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, or related field. Applicant must be in their sophomore year or later
· Knowledge of Information Systems principles and methodologies
· Possess a basic understanding of computer information systems (hardware and software) · Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) applications
· Good interpersonal and communication skills · Ability to work in a team environment · Detail Oriented
· Ability to manage multiple tasks in order to meet assigned deadlines
· Must be a U.S. citizen
· Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work under moderate supervision
· Ability to multi-task and manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
· Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint · Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to support others, share accountability and be able to adapt to change
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher and 3.5 or higher in major course of study preferred
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.