COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Inhalation Technician
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/6rcd2m2
Our Health and Life Sciences Division is currently seeking a Inhalation Technician. This position located in West Jefferson, Ohio.
Battelle's Biomedical Research Center is seeking an individual whose primary responsibility is to provide, but not limited to, technical support for the task work and maintenance of the Battelle Biomedical Research Center Aerobiology and Chemical Surety laboratories by assisting in the construction and characterization of aerosol and vapor generation and sampling systems.
This includes responsibility for ensuring that all equipment and reagents and their respective logbooks and records are maintained, performing work that is task specific, QC review of data and qualification and validation of equipment and software Additional roles for this position include interfacing with study directors; supervising, data technical review and analyses, maintaining inhalation equipment, and troubleshooting when needed.
- Associates degree or Bachelors degree in biology, analytical chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, or a related field with 3-4 years (A.S.), 1-2 years (BS), or 4 years of industry experience is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills, teamwork, and attention to detail will be key for this position. The applicant must be able to work in a team environment and give and take direction.
- Applicant must possess skills in using MS Word and Excel programs.
- The candidate must be a U.S. citizen and be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved Investigational New Drugs (IND) recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents, and be willing to participate in periodic drug screening.
- The candidate must be willing to submit to a security investigation, meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information, and obtain DoD security clearance and DoJ clearance with Risk Assessment approval within one year of employment.
- Employment is contingent upon all of the above, and in addition, passing a physical examination to work in a BL-3 containment laboratory, medical clearance to wear a respirator, and drug screening.
- Maintain a good work attendance record and be punctual for all work.Preferred Requirements- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in plethysmography (Buxco, Ponemah or similar software) and system validations.
- Experience in the dissemination of aerosols and vapors using various generation devices. - Experience in the design, construction, and characterization of various systems for the dissemination of aerosols (dry powders and wet suspensions) in the respirable mass range or vapors. - Experience in animal handling is desirable.
- Prior experience with Good Laboratory Practices