COMPANY NAME: Royal Canin
JOB TITLE: Vet Pillar Regional Manager, Ohio, Baltimore, Washington DC - Royal Canin US
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/7x94zug
Purpose of Role: To help the Veterinary Division achieve its volume and profit goals through effectively managing sales personnel that call directly on veterinary clinics.
• Achieve profitable sales growth objectives within assigned area through planning and management of sales personnel.
• Achieve product penetration objectives within assigned area through planning and management of sales personnel.
• Become thoroughly indoctrinated and knowledgeable on the Veterinary product line and apply knowledge to sales personnel and clinics.
• Manage headquarter and field relationships with agency management and agency sales management.
• Ensure all direct reports are fluent in articulating product attributes.
• Develop an understanding of customer needs by developing effective business relationships with key account personnel.
• Train and assist sales personnel to help them profitably build their business.
• Develop a team mentality through driving personal development and engagement of direct reports.
• Develop more effective and efficient ways of managing the Region's business.
• Oversee the utilization of cost reductions when dealing in order fulfillment and cost effective logistical opportunities.
• Implement the Royal Canin Veterinary sales strategy within assigned area.
• Deliver world-class educational sales presentations in clinic meetings, training sessions, seminars, and dinner meetings.
• Respond to elevated customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Provide feedback on marketing and marketing materials and competitive information.
• Attend trade shows, exhibitions and company meetings as required.
• Manage expense budget.
• Coordinate and consolidate company management requests for information.
• Recruit, train and develop the Regional personnel to meet current responsibilities and prepare them for future career growth.
• Support and reinforce the Royal Canin mission, vision and values.
• Support and reinforce the Royal Canin one company concept, growing the Health Nutrition category.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Key Experiences
• Experience in leading, motivating and managing a sales force.
• Proven experience in animal health, pharmaceutical, vet clinic or pet food sales.
• Experience working in a veterinary clinic preferred.
• Ability to make presentations to a variety of audiences and respond to questions.
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical manuals, journals and bulletins.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and remain focused.
• Ability to travel 50-80%.
• Bachelor's degree in biology, animal health, or a related field is required.
• A Masters degree in a related field or veterinary degree preferred.
If you need assistance in completing the application process, please contact the Royal Canin Talent Acquisition Department at 1-636-229-3058. If you have successfully applied online, a member of the Talent Acquisition team will contact you if you are selected for consideration.