COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Security Electronics Intern
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/7pwvjnr
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world’s energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow’s technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service.
We are currently looking for a Security Electronics Intern. The Security Electronics Intern will work with Battelle Columbus, OH Security Electronics Technicians to provide practical hands-on experience with installing and maintaining electronic systems specific to the security field.
* Provide technical assistance in the fields of security related electrical and electronics engineering including CCTV, IDS, and access control systems.
* Assist with the set-up and use of standard and specialized test equipment to diagnose, test, and analyze the performance of security related electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems.
* Assist in providing PC and network support consisting of the installation and configuration of software on desktop and laptop computers, workstations, terminals, and associated peripheral devices for the staff.
* Support the diagnosis and repair of PC-based security related hardware, including computers, printers, and network devices.
* Interact with other Battelle resources to resolve inquiries and technical problems.
* Work with outside vendors' support personnel to troubleshoot and resolve computer, CCTV, communications, software and applications, and incompatibility problems.
* Perform additional tasks as assigned.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
* Must be in the final semesters of a two-year or four-year college degree program working toward a degree in: Security Electronic Technology, Electronic Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Network System Administration, or Electronics and Computer Technology, or related field.
* Must hold a valid Ohio driver license and willing to travel in the West Jefferson/Columbus area as needed.
BENEFITS: Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.