COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Senior Organic Chemist
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/7ozcw8v
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Innovative businesses see the future – and make it better. Battelle’s Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business (EEMSGB) is leading a global revolution in Energy. We are investing in key initiatives that will deliver a safer, healthier, and more productive tomorrow by diversifying the energy sources, maximizing efficiencies, and ensuring reliability of energy systems. Battelle’s science/technology base and dedicated leadership are forging a powerful future for the good of mankind. Are you ready to Fast Forward to your Future? Battelle is a world leader in science and technology research. Within the Energy Solutions Product Line, our Process and Systems Engineering (PSE) Group specializes in providing engineering and technology solutions to our clients.
PSE is seeking a full-time Organic Chemist to work at our Columbus, Ohio location.Primary job responsibilities will include:
· Supporting the design, testing, and evaluation of new chemical process technologies. This will include development and definition of chemical processes.
· Supporting scale-up and operation of processes including troubleshooting and analytical support
· Performing process modeling to support process design and scale-up, and to support marketing efforts.
· Writing technical reports and proposals. Giving technical briefings to clients and supporting marketing efforts.
· Generating, capturing, analyzing, and reporting defensible technical data.
· Additionally, the selected candidate will be expected to travel up to 25% of the time to perform field demonstrations and support off-site clients. Required Capabilities· PhD chemistry with over 10 years experience
· Experience with supporting plant operations
· Knowledge of fuel chemistry, additives, and petroleum standards
· Experience with pyrolysis, gasification, combustion research
· Experience in conversion of tars, gases, wood, other plant waste materials to industrial products
· Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams both as a leader and an individual contributor.
· Computational chemistry
· Heterogeneous catalysis testing
· Liquid ion exchange/extraction
· Hydrogenation and catalytic cracking
Benefits: Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.