COMPANY NAME: Kindred Healthcare
JOB TITLE: RN- FT, 11p-7a- Minerva Park Nursing & Rehab
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/8xn6vze
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: At Kindred Healthcare, our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND) is a healthcare services company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of over $4.2 billion. At December 31, 2009, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 621 locations in 41 states, including 83 long-term acute care hospitals, 222 skilled nursing centers and a contract rehabilitation services business, Peoplefirst Rehabilitation Services, which served 316 non-affiliated facilities. Kindred’s 54,100 employees are committed to providing high quality patient care and outstanding customer service to become the most trusted and respected provider of healthcare services in every community we serve. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES: Work with our physicians, implementing their orders for medications, treatments and special tests. Supervise our LPNs, LVNs and CNAs to help them provide total nursing care for our residents. Be part of the Kindred family of knowledgeable and caring professionals who work together to give the very best in long-term health care.
* Interview applicants, recommend hires; participate in counseling to extent permitted by the State Practice Act
* Initiate and lead team conferences to develop individualized nursing care plans; assess and document resident's condition and nursing needs; assign team members who have the capabilities and qualifications to meet resident's needs
* Implement physicians' orders; administer medications, start IVs, perform treatments, procedures and special tests and document treatment as required by Kindred and local/state/federal rules and regulations
* Ensure supplies are used economically and equipment is clean and maintained in a safe manner
* Coordinate nursing care of residents scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments
* Report and record observations and reactions regarding residents
* Assist or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse developments
* Must be skilled in directing, motivating and training staff and able to work as a member of a team able to communicate effectively with residents, family members and all levels of the organization and maintain confidentiality.
* Should be a graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing with valid RN state license, CPR certification and one year of nursing experience.