Johnson Controls, Inc
HVAC Controls Technician (Westerville, OH)
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=81937aebeaae30d9f3467910639119b9
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in over 150 countries. Our 142,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.
Under direct supervision, completes assigned system commissioning and performs device verification. Troubleshoots and resolves basic HVAC mechanical, electrical, and controls problems. Responds to basic warranty calls.
1. Loads system-level controller software.
2. Performs basic commissioning and system diagnostics from system-level controllers to end devices (i.e. sensors, actuators, etc.) and completes all required commissioning documentation.
3. Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
4. Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment.
5. Completes paperwork including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
6. Documents changes and provides information for as-built documentation.
7. Communicates with the JCI contractor or customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
8. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
* Demonstrated technical aptitude. Basic computer skills required. Attention to detail. Good informing and listening skills