COMPANY NAME: Veolia ES- Technical Solutions
JOB TITLE: Technician I
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/7zug8qr
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Veolia Environmental Services delivers the industry’s most comprehensive array of services with a focus on keeping our customer's facilities operating at peak performance. We leverage three decades of experience, superior technological capabilities and best-in-class equipment to provide unmatched integrated solutions designed to help our customers work with greater speed and efficiency than ever before, on time and on budget.
We are currently have several entry level positions for Technical I.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list is intended to show ongoing primary duties. Employee will be expected to perform other duties as assigned
1. Performs labor and helper functions as directed. These services include, but are not limited to, hydroblasting, catalyst handling, chemical cleaning, vacuum and sewer truck operating, tank cleaning, dewatering and other work assignments.
2. Loads hoses, chemicals and other equipment required for assigned job onto truck.
3. Hooks up and breaks down hoses using proper tools, gaskets and Teflon tape.
4. Assist in the operation of equipment or power tools.
5. Cleans up work area and equipment after work is completed.
6. Assist in the inspection of equipment, hoses, connections, pumps and general work area
7. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
8. Develops a basic working knowledge of all equipment that is utilized in performing assigned duties
BUSINESS COMPETENCIES/MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. Understand verbal and written instructions
2. Basic math skill
3. Basic safety training skills
4. Perform work in enclosed (confined) space, under close supervision
1. Pass a medical and drug test.
2. Physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities assigned. Specifically, lift 50 pounds.
3. Ability to work in adverse work conditions, varying from very hot to very cold
4. Able to work in very wet environments as well as very dry environments
5. Physically capable of standing, shoveling and performing other types of physical work for long periods of time
6. Capable of working long shifts under adverse conditions (up to 16 hours a day, and up to 14 days in a row
7. Ability to safely perform work using high pressure water shotguns (up to 60,000 PSI) with back thrust up to 6o pounds of thrust
8. Ability to safely handle up to a 6 inch vacuum hose (with up to 6,500 cubic feet of air moving thru the hose per minute, traveling at speeds of up to 160 MPH).
9. Medically and physically capable of wearing respirator while performing the above listed work.
10. 100% ability to stay focused on surrounding hazards at all times while performing job requirements in extremely hazardous work environments (i.e. steel mills, power plants, refineries, chemical plants, etc).