COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Project Control Analyst II
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/6p5co6m
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle’s National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we’re creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our Project Control Department is currently seeking a Project Control Analyst II for the Special Programs Market Sector. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
SUMMARY:The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the project objectives by monitoring cost, schedule, and performance. The selected applicant will have the ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment, and is expected to be detail-oriented. The Project Controls Analyst II is responsible for supporting and implementing effective cost and schedule management of large and complex projects. Performs analysis and reporting of project status using established tools, concepts, and techniques. Analyzes project data for accuracy and completeness. Performs forecasts and variance analysis, and employs fundamental Earned Value Management concepts and techniques. Involves significant interaction with and teambuilding among project management, senior technical personnel, and other key functional and support organizations such as Contracts, Pricing, Finance, Procurement, Subcontracts, and Billing.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Participates in the bid and proposal process and supports project planning and setup.
• Develops - in conjunction with project management and/or more senior project controls staff - project plans, time-phased budgets, and schedules, work breakdown structures and activities that support contract financial requirements, reporting requirements, and billing terms.
• Maintains data in systems relevant to program financial setup, tracking, planning, reporting, and analysis of the program, including transactional data and journal entries.
• Tracks and reports project financial performance, including percent spent, remaining budget, funding expiration projections, and limitation of funds notices.• Analyzes project data for accuracy and completeness.
• Performs forecasts and variance analysis, and employs fundamental Earned Value Management concepts and techniques.
• Prepares cost transfer requests, and monitors completion. Coordinates timesheet revisions by staff and tracks to completion.
• Tracks contract modifications and incorporate contractual changes into project control systems to maintain cost and schedule baselines.
• Reviews invoices and project cost information to identify discrepancies, issues and/or concerns relative to compliance with contractual requirements. Monitors unbilled costs and payment issues. Supports preparation and/or review of non-standard backup data for invoicing as required.
• Tracks subcontractor invoicing and payments against schedule and baseline. Works with project management, Subcontracts, Accounts Payable, and others to resolve issues.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent/relevant experience from an accredited university.
· Four years of experience in program planning, budget development, and administration of projects or equivalent directly related experience.
· U.S. citizenship is required
· Active Top Secret security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Knowledge of Battelle policies, procedures, and systems preferred.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Project Management software.
· Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving, and teamwork skills
· Must be flexible with a high commitment to achieving deadlines
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Project Control Manager, within the Finance Services Operations of Battelle. The Product Line Manager / Deputy Product Line Manager performs periodic reviews, provides day-to-day guidance and supervision, and is consulted as needed.
BENEFITS:Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. For more information about our other openings, please visit http://www.battelle.org/careers