COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Contracting Process and Compliance Advisor
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/8xp8kfo
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: As part of Battelle’s Health and Life Sciences Global Business, you will touch every aspect of human health. We deliver far reaching solutions to some of the world’s most pressing health challenges – from developing medical products that change individual lives to pharmaceuticals that address potentially devastating health conditions on a global scale. Battelle supports your career by offering you the opportunity and resources to solve the most critical health problems, break through technology developments, mentorship opportunities, upward mobility, and company ethics and reputation.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION: The Contracting Process and Compliance Advisor will report to the Director of Strategic Acquisition Services. They will play an important strategic role in developing, implementing, verifying, improving, training of Battelle processes and procedures along with measuring the health and ensuring compliance to the processes and procedures. Advises the Director of Strategic Acquisition Services on all significant contracts and procurement matters after gathering facts, coordinating positions and developing strategies to conduct operations in a cost effective manner and in the best interests of Battelle.
* Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the contract management field and effectively implement process improvements to all contracts and procurement organizations.
* Monitor, audit and evaluate contracts and procurement practices and artifacts across the company to ensure compliance with the respective policies, practices and standards. Based on audit results, develop process improvement plans and direct corrective action as necessary and appropriate. Follow through and provide status updates of any resulting corrective actions.
* Develop, implement and track a metrics based performance approach that measures the health and compliance of the contracts and procurement policies and procedures.
* Responsible for reviewing and approving contract actions to ensure compliance with corporate and Prime Contract requirements.
* Monitor the compliance trends of the business units and provide senior management with results of audit cycle, status of corrective actions, process changes, and other impacts.
* Develop and deliver training necessary to ensure compliance.
* Lead in the preparation for Government conducted Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSRs) and take appropriate steps to ensure that Battelle maintains an “adequate” CPSR system rating.
* Interface with Contract and Procurement management and staff along with line operational managers, and provide contracts and procurement advice and guidance to promote the advancement of the contract management discipline.
* Frequently acts on behalf of the Director of Strategic Acquisition Services in providing guidance and direction to staff coordinating and working across the Contracting staff in addition to Government Accounting and Legal; and is the focal point for tracking all contracting compliance related activity being coordinated with these organizations.
* Serves as the Subject Matter Expert for company level contracts and procurement processes and procedures.
* Must understand deep knowledge of existing Contracts and Procurement control systems.
* Reviews, coordinates, and participates in virtually all facets of Contracting activity to include but not limited to: source selection activities, metrics reviews and presentations, system interfaces, cost savings/avoidance evaluations and risk management analysis of differing acquisition scenarios.
* Responsible for developing and implementing Contracts and Procurement training program including actual training duties as needed.
* Develop and maintain basic and special reports and presentations regarding procurement activity, status and business management data.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates should have a thorough, well rounded knowledge of contracts and procurement practices and possessing a Bachelor's degree in Business or suitable administrative field and an advanced degree is considered to be a plus. Experience requirements are at least 10 years in the contracting career field and previous management experience of at least 5 years is highly desirable. Also, a strong knowledge of the Federal Government acquisition processes and the Federal Acquisition Regulations is considered a plus.