COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Security Officer
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/784owpx
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world’s energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow’s technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
We are currently seeking two Security Officers to work on a part-time basis at our Columbus, Ohio location. The Part-time positions are on-call, as needed.
· Lobby and control center operations
· Enforcement of security regulations and procedures to protect Battelle staff and property, under close supervision and instruction
· Complete training to become proficient in the operation of all security and safety monitoring devices and systems and knowledge of practices and procedures
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
· Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and be able to a operate motor vehicle or an alternative mode of transportation
· Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel)
· Prior experience as a control center operator with proficiency in the operation and monitoring of computer based security console equipment, such as closed circuit television and life safety systems, alarm monitoring, and other control center devices
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties within a high activity environment and to readily adapt to changing conditions, assignments and shift structures.
· Ability to meet physical fitness and health standards, as defined by the organization, by government regulations or by OPOTA- like measurements and standards.
· Ability to stand or walk for extended periods, in varying climate conditions, and to work alone for an extended time.
· Ability to meet routine and specialized training standards necessary to maintain a level of expertise to perform duties successfully, and as defined in the Security Officer Handbook.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Experience and training on the Lenel Visitor Management and Lenel access control system.
· Experience and training as an attendant or dispatcher in a 911 type setting.· Experience and training for interacting with the public in a lobby environment or public setting.
· Experience and training on activating a Honeywell or similar type campus wide fire/evacuation/shelter-in-place notification system.
· Experience in applying keen observation skills to identify safety and security events or violations and to ensure they are reported to the appropriate authorities.
· Experience and training in the following routine duties (not an inclusive list):- protecting buildings against illegal entry, responding to medical, haz mat and other emergencies, participating in confidential investigations, enforcing traffic and parking regulations, intervening in situations requiring minimal action to safeguard property and persons, making interior and exterior tours of the facility, assuring timely response to all alarm situations, maintaining regular metrics, writing daily log entries, and documenting activities and events in reports.
· OPOTA certification
BENEFITSBattelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.