COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: International Finance Intern JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/7oo3u8k
JOB TITLE: IT Infrastructure Intern JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/82b8fkk
Battelle's Finance Intern Program is seeking an International Finance Intern for Summer 2012.
Our Corporate Information Technology (CIT) Groups is currently seeking an IT Infrastructure Intern to work at our Columbus, OH location. See below for details.
The fincance position is a fulltime temporary position is located at Battelle’s Corporate Headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. Finance Intern ProgramThe Corporate Finance Group recognizes that work experience relating to the student’s career goal can be beneficial to the student in obtaining permanent employment upon graduation. The internship can serve to strengthen the student’s commitment to a career field; it might, on the other hand, help the intern to identify certain jobs that he or she would not wish to pursue.We strive for work assignments that are educational and meaningful. Ideally, the intern’s duties will be of a nature similar to duties that would be assigned to a college graduate in a training program. Each summer, Corporate Finance sponsors the Finance Intern Forum in which Finance interns from throughout the Battelle-managed laboratories and corporate meet to share experiences. Interns also have the opportunity to meet with Corporate Officers and other senior-level executives at the forum. International Finance InternAs an international finance intern at Battelle, students will be engaged in the daily operations of the international finance department. Interns will receive training from full-time staff in the various finance activities necessary to support Battelle’s global operations; including but not limited to: financial statement preparation, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, foreign exchange and cash management. They will receive “hands-on” experience developing financial models, preparing and reviewing international subsidiary monthly financial summaries, and analyzing variances in order to meet global financial reporting and governance requirements.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS FINANCE POSITION: · Current standing of junior or senior at an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting. Students must be enrolled to return as a full-time student following the internship.· Overall GPA 3.0 or above· U.S. citizenship, with the ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:· Overall GPA of 3.5 or above
Other Financial Internships will be available at Battelle managed or co-managed DOE National Laboratories in the following locations: Richland, Washington; Idaho Falls, Idaho; Long Island, New York; and Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Please contact the laboratories' Human Resources departments directly.
IT INFRASTRUCTURE RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist with server infrastructure team day-to-day tasks.
· Create and maintain datacenter disaster recovery documentation.
· Fulfillment of server build requests, which will include physical and virtual servers utilizing HP hardware and VMware technologies.
· Assist with monthly server patching including packaging and scheduling using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
· Monitor and review system generated alerts.
· Perform and maintain quarterly datacenter inventories.
· Work with vendors to resolve failed hardware incidents.
· Maintain datacenters for general organization and efficiency.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION:
· Completion of at least two years of college level course work in the areas of Information Technology or Computer Sciences.
· Familiarity with Windows server operating systems.·
Must work well in both team and individualized tasks.
· Some lifting may be required.
· Availability to work 10-20 hours/week on a flexible schedule.
· Must be a U.S. citizen.
· Understanding of virtualization technologies.
· Knowledge of physical server hardware.
· Prior experience with Microsoft SharePoint.