COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Web/UI Design Intern-Corporate Information Technology
JOB APPLY URL: http://tinyurl.com/6rzafpv
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world’s energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow’s technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
We are currently seeking a Web/UI Design Intern to work within our Corporate Information Technology (CIT) Department. This position is located in our Columbus, OH office.
* Improve the look and feel/usability of new and existing web-based applications
* Assist in the development and refinement of web design standards for Collaboration Team projects
* Develop mockups and design drafts for web applications
* Iterate designs based on feedback from developers and end users
* Build and modify graphics that developers can incorporate into applications
* Other tasks as they arise
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
* Applicant should be in a four-year college degree program working toward a bachelor's degree in graphic design, computer science, software engineering, or related field
* Ability to pick up new skills on the job
* Availability to work 10-20 hours/week on a flexible schedule, or 40 hours during co-op/intern period
* Must be a U.S. citizen, with the eligibility to obtain and maintain government security clearances as a condition of employment
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
* Experience with Microsoft technologies such as Visual Studio and SharePoint
* GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred
BENEFITS: Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.