JOB APPLY URL:
The Cyber Innovations organization in Battelle’s National Security Global Business in Aberdeen, MD; Columbus, OH, Columbia, MD; and Arlington, VA has an immediate opening for a Senior Cyber Security Researcher and Team Leader to join us in implementing Battelle’s Cyber Innovation Strategic Research & Development Plan. The Grand Challenge is to develop theoretical, applied and practical approaches to improving cybersecurity and to achieve leap-ahead capabilities in this domain of critical importance to National Security.
We focus on building new and innovative broad spectrum cyber technologies in research areas such as Cybersecurity Analytics, Cloud Computing Security, Security Risk Management, Information Security, Web 2.0 Security, Next Generation Security Architectures, Trusted Computing, Virtualized Environments, Cryptography, Embedded System Security, and Mobile and Embedded Security.
We value research skills, innovation, strong systems intuition, systems building experience and a strong desire to implement one's own ideas. The role of Senior Cyber Security Researcher and Team Leader requires considerable facility with both technical and programmatic processes in multiple technical sectors and associated professional areas.
The successful candidate will:
- Participate in issue identification, research, development, integration, test and maintenance of custom code used to analyze network traffic and emerging open standards as well as proprietary protocols, computer network operation methodologies and demonstrated solutions on high risk computer networks.
- Develop technical solutions for cyber operations and analysis related to national security topics, intrusion analysis, systems & vulnerabilities, network security, advanced analytic tools and data visualization techniques.
- Lead a team of world-class cyber researchers and developers focused on leap-ahead approaches to securing the nations networks and critical infrastructure.
- Research, develop and test algorithms and methods for detecting and preventing network attacks.
- Assists and/or conducts penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
- Performs analysis and/or reverse engineering of suspect source code including Trojans, Virus, back doors, and other known and previously unknown Malware.
- Write scripts and develops software tools to automate security analysis efforts.
- Work with customers as part of a team to develop requirements, produce and test code, and provide necessary documentation.
- Participate in project teams to produce proposals for new work including joint projects with industry.
- Provide a positive and effective customer interface.
- Participate in the development of significant new concepts or novel approaches to Cyber Security.
- Bachelors degree and 12 years experience or Advanced degree and 10 years experience in computer science/engineering, math, or other technical degree with a strong computer science background.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Experienced application developer and multi-platform literate.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex, technically hard research projects resulting in tasks and deliverables successfully completed and transitioned.
- Superior C, C++ and Java programming skills with the ability to code in multiple commonly used languages and assembly as necessary.
- Strong understanding of Linux, Solaris, and Windows based operating systems and development toolsets.
- Strong background in network and computer security concepts, searching and sorting algorithms, decision trees, and/or memory management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead research teams focused on delivery of high quality research results for DARPA, IARPA or other nationally important program offices.
- Demonstrated experience in developing a history of evolving research grade prototypical cyber systems from firewalls through intrusion detection to intrusion prevention across a wide family of installed technical base systems.
- Familiarity with Zero Day exploits, advanced cyber security concepts, vulnerabilities and mitigations.
- Familiarity with packet level programming.
- Perl, PHP, Python, C, C++, and/or Java programming language experience
- bash, sh, and/or orther *nix and Windows Scripting language experience
- Intrusion response, mitigation and intrusion detection experience
- Malware analysis, data recovery, information security assurance, network forensics, digital forensics experience.
- Knowledge of hacking tools and techniques (buffer overflows, ARP poisoning, browser attacks, phishing/spamming, DNS poisoning, MetaSploit, nmap)
- Experience leveraging tools such as VMware, Sleuthkit, Helix, dd, ProcessExplorer, ps, regmon, Analyst Notebook, IdaPro and system/network visualization tools. Lead branch of eight employees.
- Demonstrated track record as technical lead and author of proposals for new business.
JOB CATEGORY: Software Engineer
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Computer Software Engineer, Applications
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2370