JOB APPLY URL:
Service Operations Agent Dispatch - Columbus
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in over 150 countries. Our 142,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. (EEO/AA Employer)
- The Service Operations Agent (SOA) is a key member of the branch leadership team and is responsible for driving the productivity and profitability for an assigned team of 10-12 technicians.
- The SOA will work closely with a Service Foreman / Chiller Team Manager to prepare yearly, monthly and weekly execution plans for scheduled service visits, aligning frontliner skill levels to tasks.
- The SOA will be the branch interface with customers - handling all customer calls, dispatching fronliners, answering inquiries and conducting follow up as required.
- Using technology, the SOA will track dispatched frontliners throughout the day to maintain highest productivity and cost efficiency and ensure labor reported matches frontline service providers' timesheets submitted.
- The SOA's core responsibility is to ensure frontliners are completing scheduled service visits within the standard hours and only perform required non-billable repairs. SOAs are responsible for managing daily labor to appropriate levels, including releasing labor (sending frontliners home) when workloads are down.
- The SOA will manage/execute the key truck-based team support functions - recording frontliner activity, invoicing and collecting money from customers.
- The SOA conducts materials coordination for the team, making purchasing decisions as needed to assist the FLSP with completing work in the most efficient manner.
- The SOA will track and review key operational and financials metrics to ensure that team is hitting its productivity objectives and delivering its financial targets.
- The SOA will execute renewals, billing and collections (with the support of the Service Operations Agent Assistant (SOAA), depending on the branch organization).
- Minimum of five years of service industry experience managing service operations and / or service dispatch / scheduling.
- Possesses basic accounting and business principles.
- Able to lead and direct diverse teams.
- Demonstrated competence in written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to positively represent Johnson Controls and communicate with others at varying technical levels.
- Able to use Service Management software and financial accounting systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (excel, word, power point), and basic Windows environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to mentor and/or supervise SOAAs.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Development
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Business and Financial Operations
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 065948