JOB APPLY URL:
Leads and provides expertise on business system improvements for complex business process engagements. Defines requirements, analyzes, designs and implements complex computer-based information systems for research or Battelle business/management functions. Responsible for guiding and leading a sub-team of project resources in the review and analysis of requirements and requests that come from areas of the business, operations and additional users of CIT services. The role will include working with Business and Technical staff to analyze current system requirements, track key performance indicators and solidify best practices to produce the best end-to-end system for the overall CIT organization.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Identifies functional needs and systems requirements. Performs complex systems design and analysis based upon user requirements.
- Prepares specifications from which software will be written.
- Designs, codes, upgrades, tests, debugs, implements and documents systems.
- Provides expertise in the implementation and integration of purchased software as appropriate and maintains effective vendor relationships.
- Implements and follows-up on assigned application areas.
- Consults with, supports and trains users on assigned application systems, including “on-call” support as required.
- Assists with training of less experienced staff members.
- Maintains and enhances current professional technical knowledge, contributes to team effort, and secures client confidence to provide quality service.
- Backup Liaison with Business and Technology staff to build business relationships, document system design, then ultimately manage and drive change within the organization.
- Become the Technical/Functional Expert for the designated modules within a given process area and the integration to upstream and downstream processes.
- Perform Project Coordination/Project Management to Define, develop, and manage enterprise process improvement initiatives for releases and medium scale projects
- Facilitates requirements and design sessions with both the business community and CIT
- Provides expertise in determining what business requirements fit/don’t fit within the software. Develops best fit designs for solving systems gaps.
- Work closely with business partners and technology groups to document requirements and formulate cost effective solutions
- Clearly communicate with process stakeholders, business partners and technology leads at all management levels to ensure timely and accurate project delivery
- Assists with executing test plans including test cases/scripts/scenarios in support of the testing objectives
- Helps shape the vision of longer-term IT design practices and procedures
- Supports the functional end-users after project deployment, and may participate in continuous process improvement initiatives, new requirements development, designs and testing for enhancement projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management Information Systems, or other business related field.
- Six to eight years software technical experience in Information Technology or a business/operations discipline (e.g., Finance, Contracts, Accounting, Purchasing, Project Control, Project Management, Business Development) or equivalent.
- Enterprise Software Technical/Functional Consulting role or Software System Analyst role.
- Proficiency in SQL, Database Structure, MS Office, Microsoft Visio.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Familiar with one or more of PeopleSoft’s modules, or other similar enterprise software solutions such as SAP, JD Edwards, or Oracle.
- Experience with full lifecycle enterprise projects and data analysis to trouble shoot system data issue.
- Familiar with Software Development Standards, application development tools, Microsoft Project, SharePoint collaboration software; Professional Services industry experience (Government or commercial).
- Formal System/Business Analyst Training.
JOB CATEGORY: Computers
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Computer Systems Analyst
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2530