JOB APPLY URL:
Admissions Coordinator- Minerva Park Nursing & Rehab
At Kindred Healthcare, our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND) is a healthcare services company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of over $4.2 billion. At December 31, 2009, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 621 locations in 41 states, including 83 long-term acute care hospitals, 222 skilled nursing centers and a contract rehabilitation services business, Peoplefirst Rehabilitation Services, which served 316 non-affiliated facilities. Kindred’s 54,100 employees are committed to providing high quality patient care and outstanding customer service to become the most trusted and respected provider of healthcare services in every community we serve. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Be the first point-of-contact for families, discharge planners and other new resident referral sources. Answer their questions, and give tours of the facility. You'll work with Sales and Marketing, engage in public speaking opportunities, and be involved in the community to make sure people are aware of the excellence in health care that Kindred offers.
- Respond to inquiries from hospital discharge planners, families and other referral sources; manage admissions process and occupancy levels
- Maintain database of medical contacts and community resources
- Make sales calls to medical, insurance, legal and financial professionals as well as special interest groups, hospital discharge planners and other community contacts
- Alert department heads of projected changes: i.e. admissions, bed changes and discharges
- Ensure appropriate admissions paperwork, referral sources and other admissions data are entered into the automated referral system
- Coordinate the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans, chair marketing team meetings, monitor budgets, track results
- Maintain working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and assist with managed care referral process
- Keep all resident information confidential
- Develop special events and presentations aimed at community education, representing the facility as the expert on skilled nursing, specialty programs and rehabilitation care
- Monitor and evaluate customer satisfaction Admissions Coordinator Admissions Assistant Admissions Aide Sales Marketing Communications Customer Service
- Must have knowledge of reimbursement programs, be able to operate a PC, have effective communication, organization and prioritization skills, and be skilled at public speaking. Work flexible hours, have an Associate and/or Bachelor's degree in Business/Communications and one year of experience in sales/marketing or customer service. A background in community involvement is preferred.
JOB CATEGORY: Health Care (Counseling, Medical, Nursing, Child Care)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Healthcare Support
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 080612