JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world’s energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow’s technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
The Corporate Information Technology Department is seeking a Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team and contribute to the deployment, management, and tuning of enterprise IT systems at Battelle.
- Perform installations, upgrades, and patches of SQLServer and Oracle database software.
- Design, build, test, implement, and manage database systems and other centralized computing resources.
- Implement and administer security best practices for SQLServer and Oracle database server installations.
- Document policies and procedures, configurations, and changes to the database server environments.
- Provide technical expertise in support of the RDMS layer including backups, restores, and maintenance processing.
- Partner effectively with other DBAs, developers, PeopleSoft Administrators, Windows Server Administrators, Network Administrators, and Storage Administrators to proactively monitor, tune, and troubleshoot database issues and recommend or take appropriate action to improve operational performance.
- Work within a team environment but must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Perform after-hours on-call duties on a rotating basis.
- Be flexible to shifting priorities and able to work with some projects during nights and/or weekends.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal customers.
- Interface with external vendors as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant SQL Server database administration experience.
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain and maintain a Government Security clearance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Experience and familiarity using Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in successfully installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and configuring SQLServer (2005 or later) and/or Oracle (10g or later) database software
- Experience in successfully performing backups and restores of SQLServer and/or Oracle databases, creating and maintaining maintenance plans, and writing stored procedures.
- Familiarity in administering Windows Server 2003/2008 and working with Windows XP Professional (or higher).
- Experience in successfully installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, maintaining and configuring some of the following products or integrated technologies in a Windows environment:
- Veritas BackupExec
- Enterprise scheduling applications such as UC4
- Enterprise monitoring applications such as Microsoft’s System Center Operations Manager
- Active Directory
- Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (version 6 or higher) • .NET Framework (version 2 or higher)
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant Oracle database administration experience.
- Experience with high-availability environments.
- Experience using Change Management products, such as SunView’s ChangeGear application.
- Experience with change management software, such as Quest’s Stat for PeopleSoft
- Experience with scripting in PowerShell, VBScript, or other languages.
- Experience administering other relational database management systems.
- Experience doing database development work.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Database (IBM RS/6000, UNIX, AIX, etc.)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Database Administrator
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2444