JOB APPLY URL:
RN Ass. Dir. Of Nursing- Minerva Park Nursing & Rehab
At Kindred Healthcare, our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND) is a healthcare services company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of over $4.2 billion. At December 31, 2009, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 621 locations in 41 states, including 83 long-term acute care hospitals, 222 skilled nursing centers and a contract rehabilitation services business, Peoplefirst Rehabilitation Services, which served 316 non-affiliated facilities. Kindred’s 54,100 employees are committed to providing high quality patient care and outstanding customer service to become the most trusted and respected provider of healthcare services in every community we serve. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Do you have special skills in motivating and training a staff of employees? Can you bring departments together to reach a common goal of excellence in health care, while meeting objectives and containing costs? If so this job may be for you. You will assist the DON at meetings, in the facility and in the community. Share your talents, and be proud of the results.
- Plan and guide the professional development of the nursing staff, monitor and evaluate the staff and make recommendations for training or work modification to the DON
- Perform personnel management functions such as establishing personnel qualifications, drafting procedure manuals, initiating in-service programs and installing record and reporting systems
- Act as liaison between nursing units, admissions and the DON; plan and facilitate meetings and committees to handle resident care issues
- Perform studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing services relative to objectives and costs; ensure annual competency evaluations and performance reviews are completed in a timely manner; proactively address survey and/or standards of care issues
- Assist in preparation of the departmental budget
- Work with the Staffing Coordinator to ensure that shifts have adequate nursing coverage to meet facility/census requirements Assistant Director Nursing Assistant Manger Nursing Assistant Supervisor Nursing DON
- Should be skilled in directing, motivating and training the staff be able to organize and prioritize have effective communication skills and be able to maintain confidentiality. Must react decisively and quickly in emergency situations. Requires knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act, state/federal regulations and Kindred policies regarding nursing standards and delivery of care.
- We are looking for a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (BSN preferred) with a valid state RN license and CPR certification. A background of seven years of experience in nursing with two years as a supervisor in a long-term care environment is required.
JOB CATEGORY: Health Care (Counseling, Medical, Nursing, Child Care)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Healthcare Support
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 080535