JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Battelle is a world leader in science and technology research. Our Energetic Systems and Security Technology (ES&ST) product line specializes in research, development, test and evaluation of specialty weapons, protective systems, explosive detection equipment and hardware associated with national security. ES&ST is seeking a Researcher with a strong analytic skills and computer programming experience to support our efforts in R&D, scientific testing and evaluation, and mathematical modeling work in Columbus, OH.
The primary job responsibilities include:
- The application of existing and creation of new mathematical models to solve a variety of technical and research problems.
- Developing software to support ES&ST’s scientific computing efforts. Including:
- Implementing mathematical models in software.
- Creating graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and other front ends to interface with mathematical models and other backend software.
- Performing scientific/statistical analysis of data
- Working with ES&ST’s Linux based high performance computing cluster in support of group modeling efforts.
- Conducting and supporting studies to evaluate the efficacy of explosive detection systems and explosive simulants.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, physics, computer science or related scientific field.
- Must be conversant in mathematics, capable of evaluating and implementing mathematical models in a scientific setting.
- Must be comfortable developing software in Linux or similar Unix-like environments.
- Software development proficiency and the ability to pick up new languages on the job.
- Graduate degree in mathematics or a science.
- Proficiency in C++ and Python.
- Experience with Relational Databases and Object Relational Mapping.
- Experience in image analysis, VTK, ITK, and/or OpenCV.
- Familiarity with DICOM.
- Experience with OpenGL.
- Previous experience building multiplatform graphical user interfaces.
- Familiarity developing multiplatform software that runs on both Windows and Linux or other Unix-like operating systems.
Candidate resumes must have sole U.S. citizenship, with the eligibility to obtain and maintain Government security clearances as a condition of employment.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Other / Not Specified
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Researchers
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2462