JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world’s energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow’s technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
We are currently seeking a Sr. Purchasing Agent. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
- Reviews requisitions, identifies and selects sources, negotiates and administers contracts and/or purchase orders for goods and services in assigned area
- Issues RFQ’s and obtains quotes for products and services in support of new business proposals and on-going projects; makes recommendations for most favorable supplier/order selection and order placement
- Recommends sources of supply to users/technical staff
- Supports internal clients in the development of external proposals
- Ensures procurement files are in compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR's), Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), other regulations and laws, generally accepted business practices, ethics, etc. Maintains ‘order files’ in an audit-ready condition and conforms to standard practices and Battelle operating procedures
- Negotiates agreements to mitigate risk and optimize profitability
- Assists in the direction and guidance of less experienced purchasing agents as requested
- Identify and resolve supplier and internal errors that result in invoice discrepancies
- Undertakes assigned projects which require specialized knowledge and/or experience, excellent negotiating skills and the ability to deal with sensitive information
- Attendance is an essential function of this and all positions
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience and at least four years of related experience, advanced coursework in Business Law, Contract Law, and Business Administration is desirable
- Experience as well as knowledge of business principles in areas such as purchasing, materials logistics, business and contracts law, finance, accounting and standard operating procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and functions
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills including conflict management
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Development
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Business and Financial Operations
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2535