JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR GROWTH
As part of Battelle's Health and Life Sciences Global Business, you will touch every aspect of human health. We deliver far-reaching solutions to some of the world's most pressing health challenges- from developing medical products that change individual lives to pharmaceuticals that address potentially devastating health conditions on a global scale. Battelle supports your career by offering you the opportunity and resources to solve the most critical health problems, breakthrough technology developments, mentorship opportunities, upward mobility, and company ethics and reputation. Are you ready to Fast Forward to Your Growth?
Our Health and Life Sciences Division is currently seeking a Reproductive/Developmental Toxicology Master Technician. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
- Necropsy activities (including sperm assessment, C-section and fetal evaluations in rats and rabbits)
- In-life assessments typically performed in DART studies (dam/pup behavior, internal and external malformations, prenatal and postnatal development, maturation endpoints, vaginal cytologies)
- Animal husbandry, data collection, test article administration, writing Standard Operating Procedure's (SOP's), reports/protocols preparation and data/process GLP audit responses.
- Full time position with overtime, weekend, and holiday rotation required with primary responsibilities that will include necropsy examinations of rodents and large laboratory animals above the basic technician performance level in necropsy, tissue trimming for microscopic examination, data entry/recording, perform quality control in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and operation of various histology laboratory equipment. Understands and follows relevant Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Study Protocol requirements regarding all laboratory activities assigned and/or engaged in.
- Uses proper record keeping to document work activities.
- Develops a good working knowledge of laboratory equipment and experimental procedures and applies this knowledge in the performance of assigned laboratory tasks.
- Conducts standard as well as non-standard tasks under the close supervision and guidance of more experienced staff.
- Reads assigned SOPs promptly to remain in compliance with Battelle policies and regulations.
- Follows health and safety requirements that are posted or within relevant SOPs.
- Willingness to continue to learn new tasks to expand laboratory knowledge as opportunities present.
- Assists other technicians in completion of all daily activities (as needed).
- This position must have previous experience of fifteen years or more in performing necropsy examinations of rodents and large laboratory animals above the basic technician performance level in necropsy, tissue trimming for microscopic examination, data recording and performing quality control reviews in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- The individual will perform several of the following procedures including (but not limited to): embedding of tissues, staining, microtomy, quality control of tissues, and tissue/slide inventory.
- Bachelor of Science degree with at least minor in Biology or Animal Science. In lieu of a degree, science coursework or equivalent laboratory experience of at least 15 years experience in technical activities routinely performed in Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology (DART) studies.
- Experience performing GLP/non-GLP pre-clinical DART studies and mammalian studies for the EPA Endocrine Disruptor Assessments including evaluations of visceral (fresh and preserved) and skeletal abnormalities and ossification parameter assessment,
- Experience using a computerized sperm analyzer
- Experience leading/training groups of animal care and necropsy technicians
- Experience writing reports/SOP's and analyzing data
- Thorough understanding of the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Excellent interpersonal and computer skills
- Ability to work occasionally wearing a full-face respirator
- Qualify for and maintain eligibility for U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance, if required.
- Qualify for and maintain eligibility in certain U.S. Government programs (CPRP and BPRP), if required.
- Be immunized with IND and/or licensed vaccines against specified laboratory pathogens.
- Respond appropriately to various alarms and potential emergency situations.
- Be aware of and follow Chemical agent facility and Bio-facility requirements.
- Assist in other product line areas (chemistry, study management, data management and/or offsite facilities [BBRC]) based on needs and skills of the technician.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
INDUSTRY: Health Services
JOB CATEGORY: Veterinary
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Veterinary Technologist or Technicians
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2480