JOB APPLY URL:
Account Manager - Columbus, Ohio
Job Overview: To sell energy and energy related products to active and prospective commercial / industrial accounts in Columbus, OH and the surrounding area.
- Service active accounts
- Responsible for maintaining all active accounts:
- Maintenance of account.
- Pursue cross-sell opportunities with active accounts.
- Leverage customer relationships to add value for Hess.
- Develop new business
- Prospecting and solicitation of new accounts in accordance with company guidelines.
- Aggressively close new sales by developing relationships at the highest level.
- Sell across all company product lines.
- Assist in determining new markets and update existing market information by organizing and supervising market surveys.
- Participate in promotional activities, trade shows and networking events.
- Planning and time organization
- Plan, direct, coordinate and manage entire sales area with support of Sales Manager.
- Organize time and territory as required by manager to maximize sales effectiveness.
- Develop and regularly update territory sales strategy/plan.
Preparation of required paperwork: account input documents (set up and cancel accounts), customer account adjustments, and allowances subject to adjustment, expense reports, monthly reports, sales reports, memos, customer surveys, customer correspondence and special projects as required.
Maintain, on a real time basis, appropriate data systems utilized to manage customers and prospects
Evaluate market conditions and provide accurate information to management.
Market size, competition (know your competitors), growth rate, potential market share, need for Hess products and services, strategic importance of segments.
Provide, on a routine basis, market information to key accounts.
Typical sales territory responsibilities:
-Number of active accounts - 100 - 150
-Number of active locations - 150 - 350
-Sales territory - As determined by management.
-Sales volume - 3 - 5 Bcf annual (natural gas)
75 - 175 mmkwh (electric)
- 3+ years of energy industry experience with a strong sales and business acumen background.
- Bachelors degree in sales, marketing or technical field -Energy industry experience highly desirable.
- General knowledge of sales procedures and sales pipeline management.
- Technical knowledge of energy and energy related products.
- Knowledge of commercial and industrial footprint within marketing area
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use logical, systematic, sequential approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate strong desire to continually learn, grow and develop.
- Focused on desired results, sets and achieves challenging goals.
JOB CATEGORY: Administrative
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Office and Administrative Support
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 06965