JOB APPLY URL:
Established as the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Co. in 1883, PPG Industries is a leading diversified manufacturer that supplies paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, chemicals, glass and fiber glass around the world. PPG Industries is a leader in its markets; it is our vision to become the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Our continuing emphasis on the development of breakthrough products and processes, investment in highly productive manufacturing facilities and profitable global expansion combine to provide customers with the best services and products of the highest quality. We are committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for our employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA PPG has more than 140 manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates and operates in more than 60 countries around the globe.
As part of the operations team, provide engineering support to the resin plant:
- Develop complete and accurate manufacturing logs and procedures that ensure safe, efficient, and cost effective production of resins.
- Monitor and improve methods and procedures.
- Serve as a technical resource for operations, including on-call support during the off-shifts and weekends.
- Ensure compliance with safety policies and operating procedures.
- Interact with operators, supervisors, and mechanics on a daily basis. This includes training, coaching, disciplining, and acting on opportunities for improvement.
- Product line responsibility includes cost control, batch quality, efficient utilization of assets, response to off-spec production (disposition, root cause analysis, corrective action).
- Identify problems and opportunities for improvement; recommend solutions and implement corrective actions to improve safety, quality, cost, and productivity. Actively participate in quality improvement process.
- Direct preventative maintenance on reactor systems; design and implement engineering projects related to resin processing and facilities improvement.
- Facilitate the training of operators, supervisors, and other plant personnel.
- Support production supervision and other resin functions. Fill-in for these jobs as needed.
- Function as a technical consultant on resin related issues to other departments and locations.
- Work closely with the Development Center, other resin locations, various technical departments, plant engineering, operations planning, quality assurance, and operations planning.
- Write recipes for control system
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or equivalent along with three to five years industry experience.
- Functional and Technical Skills
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
INDUSTRY: Manufacturing and Production
JOB CATEGORY: Architecture
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Architecture and Engineering
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 1100002387