JOB APPLY URL:
Vet Pillar Regional Manager, Ohio, Baltimore, Washington DC
Purpose of Role:
To help the Veterinary Division achieve its volume and profit goals through effectively managing sales personnel that call directly on veterinary clinics.
- Achieve profitable sales growth objectives within assigned area through planning and management of sales personnel.
- Achieve product penetration objectives within assigned area through planning and management of sales personnel.
- Become thoroughly indoctrinated and knowledgeable on the Veterinary product line and apply knowledge to sales personnel and clinics.
- Manage headquarter and field relationships with agency management and agency sales management.
- Ensure all direct reports are fluent in articulating product attributes.
- Develop an understanding of customer needs by developing effective business relationships with key account personnel.
- Train and assist sales personnel to help them profitably build their business.
- Develop a team mentality through driving personal development and engagement of direct reports.
- Develop more effective and efficient ways of managing the Region's business.
- Oversee the utilization of cost reductions when dealing in order fulfillment and cost effective logistical opportunities.
- Implement the Royal Canin Veterinary sales strategy within assigned area.
- Deliver world-class educational sales presentations in clinic meetings, training sessions, seminars, and dinner meetings.
- Respond to elevated customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide feedback on marketing and marketing materials and competitive information.
- Attend trade shows, exhibitions and company meetings as required.
- Manage expense budget.
- Coordinate and consolidate company management requests for information.
- Recruit, train and develop the Regional personnel to meet current responsibilities and prepare them for future career growth.
- Support and reinforce the Royal Canin mission, vision and values.
- Support and reinforce the Royal Canin one company concept, growing the Health Nutrition category.
- Experience in leading, motivating and managing a sales force.
- Proven experience in animal health, pharmaceutical, vet clinic or pet food sales.
- Experience working in a veterinary clinic preferred.
- Ability to make presentations to a variety of audiences and respond to questions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical manuals, journals and bulletins.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and remain focused.
- Ability to travel 50-80%.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, animal health, or a related field is required.
- A Masters degree in a related field or veterinary degree preferred.
JOB CATEGORY: Sales (Customer Service, Telemarketing, Retail)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Sales and Sales Related
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): COL00147