JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our Energetic Systems and Security Technology (ES and ST) product line specializes in research, development, test and evaluation of specialty weapons, protective systems, explosive detection equipment and hardware associated with national security. Energetic Systems and Security Technology is seeking an IT and Software Support Intern with strong analytic skills and computer programming experience to support our efforts in R and D, scientific testing and evaluation, and mathematical modeling work in Columbus, OH.
- The application of existing and creation of new mathematical models to solve a variety of technical and research problems.
- Developing software to support ES and ST's scientific computing efforts. Including:
Implementing mathematical models in software.
Creating graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and other front ends to interface with mathematical models and other backend software.
- Perform scientific/statistical analysis of data.
- Work with ES and ST's Linux based high performance computing cluster in support of group modeling efforts.
- Conduct and support studies to evaluate the efficacy of explosive detection systems and explosive stimulants.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, physics, computer science or related scientific field.
- Must be conversant in mathematics, capable of evaluating and implementing mathematical models in a scientific setting.
- Familiarity with developing software in Linux or similar Unix-like environments.
- Software development proficiency and the ability to pick up new languages on the job.
- Availability to work 10-20 hours/week on a flexible schedule.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, with the eligibility to obtain and maintain government security clearances as a condition of employment.
- Graduate degree in mathematics or a science.
- Proficiency in C++ and Python.
- Experience with Relational Databases and Object Relational Mapping.
- Experience in image analysis, VTK, ITK, and/or OpenCV.
- Familiarity with DICOM.
- Experience with OpenGL.
- Previous experience building multiplatform graphical user interfaces.
- Familiarity developing multiplatform software that runs on both Windows and Linux or other Unix-like operating systems.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Computers
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Computer and Mathematics
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Intern
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2461