Reports to: Executive Director
Date Posted: October 21, 2011
Muse Machine is seeking a dynamic finance and operations professional who is passionate about changing the lives of young people through the arts to fill a part-time (24 hours a week) Director of Finance and Operations position.
- Directing the organization’s general accounting practices and financial activities, audit and tax activities, treasury and cash management functions, budgeting and accounting systems, financial reporting, financial planning, and human resource benefits activities.
- Appraising operating results in terms of cash flow, cost, budgets, operating policies, trends, and increased revenue opportunities.
- Managing the organization’s relationships and services provided by outside parties such as banks, auditors, office equipment and software service-providers.
- Establishing personnel policies and procedures
- Assisting the Executive Director in ensuring strategic planning metrics are in place
- Assisting the ED in preparing a $1.3M operating budget and managing $4.0M in assets.
The applicant should possess: acute attention to details; working knowledge of Peachtree and Access; 5-7 years experience with a preference for not-for-profit experience; prior success working in a small, results-oriented organization where everyone is expected to pitch in; excellent interpersonal skills to deal professionally with all stakeholders; high energy; and superb written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to Muse Machine, Attn: Executive Director, 126 N. Main Street, Suite 310, Dayton, OH, 45402; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Muse Machine is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to achieving a diverse workplace.
Position is available now and we seek to fill it immediately
Commensurate with experience
About this Organization:
Muse Machine is a nationally recognized arts education organization annually serving 70,000 students and their teachers in 10 counties in southwestern Ohio. www.musemachine.com