JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world's energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow's technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
Our Corporate Information Technology (IT) Group is currently seeking a Project Management Office (PMO) Manager. This position is located at our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
The PMO Manager position is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of PMO services for Corporate IT, as well as for evolving Corporate IT's project management capabilities in order to improve delivery of solutions to business customers. The PMO Manager will establish and maintain a PMO that employs the appropriate tools and provides a structured project management methodology that is consistent across the Corporate IT organization. In addition, the PMO Manager will coordinate the development of project management standards and guidelines based on best practices and will enforce adherence to PMO processes and procedures. The PMO Manager will facilitate Executive Priority Committee meetings in order to gain consensus and decisions from stakeholders representing Battelle's global business areas.
Other responsibilities of the PMO Manager include:
- Providing oversight and control for the entire Corporate IT suite of projects
- Serving as a change agent for continuous improvement through improved processes/methodologies
- Providing strategic and tactical recommendations on project/program planning decisions to management
- Evangelizing the PMO across the Corporate IT organization
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline
- PMO establishment and management experience
- 7- 10(+) years of full project management life cycle experience leading large-scale IT implementations
- Project management process and tools development experience
- Knowledge of information systems principles and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead but also work collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- U.S. Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance(s)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience with CA Clarity or other Project Portfolio Management tool
- Familiarity or experience with Agile concepts
- Strong skills in the use of MS Office and MS Project applications
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineer (Design, Technical, Research, Software, Hardware)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: IT Project Managers
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2539