JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE
Innovative businesses see the future - and make it better. Battelle's Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business (EEMSGB) is leading a global revolution in Energy. We are investing in key initiatives that will deliver a safer, healthier, and more productive tomorrow by diversifying the energy sources, maximizing efficiencies, and ensuring reliability of energy systems. Battelle's science/technology base and dedicated leadership are forging a powerful future for the good of mankind. Are you ready to Fast Forward to your Future?
The Water Treatment and Infrastructure (WTI) Group within the Environmental Solutions Product Line specializes in providing innovative approaches to solving difficult problems in the area of water treatment, water infrastructure, and water sustainability.
Battelle is currently seeking a Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer for the WTI group. The position is located in Columbus, Ohio but alternate locations can be considered.
- Seller-doer that leads technical projects and supports business development related to water/wastewater infrastructure systems, specifically system studies, planning, design, and construction project management.
- Develops market plans and identifies commercial, industrial, and government clients and opportunities.
- Leads client relationship development both internally and externally.
- Increase company visibility and scientific creditability in the water/wastewater industry by participating in conferences (i.e., giving presentations and/or chairing sessions at AWWA/WEF conferences) and preparing or contributing to journal publications.
- Prepare in-depth technical reports and PowerPoint presentations in the water/wastewater infrastructure area.
- Conduct technical work and produce quality results in a timely manner.
- Train, mentor, and lead junior technical staff.
- A Bachelors Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field.
- 10-15 years of experience with an engineering consulting firm or water/wastewater utility in water/wastewater infrastructure system study, planning, design, and project management.
- Profession registration (P.E.).
- Proven detailed knowledge of municipal water/wastewater infrastructure system design and operation.
- Demonstrated and recent experience in business development, proposal writing, client interaction and relationship building, and selling projects.
- Client contacts in Water and Wastewater Engineering fields.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Ability to travel.
- An Advanced Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field.
- Experience working on and leading research projects for both governmental and industry utility clients, including Water Research Foundation (WaterRF) and Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF).
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
INDUSTRY: Utilities and Energy
JOB CATEGORY: Engineer (Design, Technical, Research, Software, Hardware)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Engineer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43206
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2442