JOB APPLY URL:
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Georgia-Pacific Chemicals LLC Columbus, has an opening for a Purchasing Coordinator II.The Purchasing Coordinator manages and oversees the purchasing of raw materials, supplies and miscellaneous items for the plant. They may also be asked to participate on centralized sourcing teams or special projects at the facility or corporate level. The Purchasing Coordinator works in a plant team environment that requires a high sense of urgency and must possess the ability to solve problems that cross disciplines meeting the needs of the local plant customers.
- Purchasing and negotiating raw materials, and services and supplies from external vendors. Working with requestors to understand requirements; specifications, services and timing.
- Educating and ensuring appropriate use of national, regional and local contract agreements within a facility.
- Tracking, recording, and monitoring the movement of the railcar fleet.
- Ensures compliance to all safety, purchasing, stores and environmental policies and procedures.
- Management and control of working capital and on hand inventory valuations.
- Clerical duties include assisting with Accounts Payable resolution and answering the phones.
- The Purchasing Coordinator is also the primary back up to the Customer Service position.
- High school Diploma
- Minimum of Four (3) years purchasing experience required
- Efficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Advanced education or degree with an emphasis in purchasing or business
- Five (5) years or more purchasing experience.
Knowledge of purchasing procedures, common industrial terminology and common business software.
Knowledge inventory management.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/VExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
INDUSTRY: Manufacturing and Production
JOB CATEGORY: Administrative
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Office and Administrative Support
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43207
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 004837