JOB APPLY URL:
RN Staff Development Coord.- Minerva Park Nrsg & Rehab Ctr
At Kindred Healthcare, our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND) is a healthcare services company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of over $4.2 billion. At December 31, 2009, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 621 locations in 41 states, including 83 long-term acute care hospitals, 222 skilled nursing centers and a contract rehabilitation services business, Peoplefirst Rehabilitation Services, which served 316 non-affiliated facilities. Kindred’s 54,100 employees are committed to providing high quality patient care and outstanding customer service to become the most trusted and respected provider of healthcare services in every community we serve. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Your skills in creating and conducting training programs, assessing the results and orienting our employees are of vital importance, not only to Kindred's commitment to provide the very best in healthcare, but to every employee who strives to reach their potential.
- Ensure employees receive compliance training and education necessary to perform their job responsibilities; monitor employee performance and take necessary action for compliance issues
- Develop and conduct an orientation program for new, rehired and contract employees; conduct or coordinate new employee job training and CPR training
- Provide hands-on clinical orientation and instruction to licensed and unlicensed personnel
- Ensure clinical competency of licensed nursing staff through evaluation of skills and annual competency assessment; conduct certification or training programs for Nursing Assistants
- Ensure that the educational curriculum meets or exceeds state, federal and accreditation requirements; plan and conduct state and federally required in-service programs
- Assist in department budget preparation; contain expenditures within budget
- Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws
- The Staff Development Coordinator must be skilled in developing and conducting training programs, work assessment and have knowledge of learning principles and training techniques knowledge of state/federal requirements for accreditation and certification required Also important is the ability to communicate effectively with residents, their families and at all levels of the organization.
- Other requirements: graduate of an accredited school of nursing (BS degree preferred), state RN license, valid CPR teaching certificate and being current with state CE requirements. Three years of nursing experience, with one year in a long-term care environment, are necessary one year of experience as an instructor preferred.
JOB CATEGORY: Health Care (Counseling, Medical, Nursing, Child Care)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Healthcare Support
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 081529