JOB APPLY URL:
VP- Communication Health and Life Science Global Business
As part of Battelle's Health and Life Sciences Global Business (HLSGB), you will touch every aspect of human health. We deliver far reaching solutions to some of the world’s most pressing health challenges - from unraveling the interactions between environment and health to developing medical products that change individual lives. Battelle supports your career by offering you the opportunity and resources to solve the most critical health problems, breakthrough technology developments, mentorship opportunities, upward mobility, and company ethics and reputation. Are you ready to Fast Forward To Your Growth?
Leads all activities related to communications for the global business unit, including all aspects of internal and external communications.
- Develops and implements all aspects of marketing communications and promotional strategy for HLSGB, tailored to external clients, and external relations with policy makers, legislators, appointed and elected officials.
- Develops and implements all aspects of internal communications related to staff engagement, awareness, and alignment to business strategy.
- Consults broadly across the institute to ensure harmony of messaging, internal and external, with others GBUs and corporate functions.
- Leads the definition and development of tailored, research-based and measurable communication strategies for the Battelle brand in healthcare and life sciences markets.
- Effectively manages the use of external relationships, such as advertising, digital, and public relations agencies to augment the communications strategy development and execution.
- Creates and implements a resource plan that enables effective internal communications at lowest possible cost.
- Manages direct reports and internal and external relationships.
- Leads the processes to ensure harmony and alignment across HLSGB, ensuring that prioritization of needs and activities are in support of the market sector, center, and science/technology strategies.
- Ensures communication of Battelle objectives through impactful and tailored messages to attract and/or retain staff and customers.
- Communicates and assists in execution of messaging through established strategic communications vehicles via partnership with relevant Corporate Relations, PMP, and lab communications staff, as needed.
- Develops and analyzes appropriate metrics for assessing and measuring Battelle's reputation and brand impact as a result of executed activities, and enterprise-wide communications programs. Determines impact on sales, thought leadership, and visibility with internal audiences, customers, suppliers, and external partners, as well as internal staff engagement, attraction and retention.
- Oversees the leveraging of the corporate website and deployment of social communications tools to engage partners; influence regulators; and persuades customers/clients to do business with us and/or purchase Battelle HLSGB products, services, and solutions.
- Leads the strategic deployment of a varied mix of marketing communications tools, including a sales-generating global corporate advertising program that promotes Battelle's products, services, and solutions.
- Identifies and establishes business-building corporate sponsorships and alliances in coordination with Business Development leaders in HLSGB.
- Oversees management of all HLSGB protocol events and initiatives at tradeshows and internal and external meetings.
- Leads in creating internal events that improve staff engagement, using reward and recognition vehicles, or other creative options.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Requires at a minimum a Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field.
- Must have demonstrated experience in utilizing strategic communications to achieve the business objectives of highly-complex and matrix-oriented organizations.
- Must possess thorough knowledge and experience in quantitative and qualitative communication research methods is required.
- Experience in HLSGB markets, products, and services is highly desirable.
JOB CATEGORY: Communication
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Media and Communication Worker
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2562