JOB APPLY URL:
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Georgia-Pacific Resins in Columbus, Ohio has an opening for an Instrument Technician in our Resin/Chemical production plant. The Instrument Technician will provide instrument support for a Resin manufacturing plant. The responsibilities will include, but are not entirely limited to:
- Troubleshooting instruments and instrumentation problems and failures,
- Repair and installation of new and existing equipment,
- Provide support for numerous process control systems.
- Troubleshooting and modifying existing controls and DCS platforms,
- Provide planning and technical support for development and installation of new systems,
- Maintaining basic electrical control systems, including motor control installations
- Other functions of the position as required.
- 5 years of I&E/job related experience to include machine and instrumentation repair in a military or industrial environment or an Associates Degree in Instrumentation and Electrical or similar, related field of study.
- The ability to maintain and repair Motor Control Centers.
- The ability to troubleshoot control systems.
- The ability to read technical drawings and schematics.
- 5 years experience in chemical manufacturing or Process Safety Management controlled environment.
- Understanding of mechanical specifications, drawing/loops sheets, diagrams, process controls, PC skills.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be available to work overtime.
- Must be available for on call rotation.
- Must be able to work in an office and non-office environment.
- Requires sitting, walking, stooping, climbing, bending, repetitive motion and standing.
- Technical certificate or diploma or Associates Degree in Instrumentation and Electrical or similar, related field of study.
- 2 years of troubleshooting Distributed Control Systems.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical/mechanical troubleshooting.
- Experience with environmental compliance/testing
INDUSTRY: Manufacturing and Production
JOB CATEGORY: Production
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Production
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43207
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 004838