JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k, and pension plan will be provided. Limited relocation support is available.
The candidate will take a lead role in the specification and design of mechanical components and systems in a multi-disciplinary team environment, working with designers, fabricators and other engineering staff, most often for customers in Department of Defense organizations. They will be required to generate and deliver high-quality presentations and written reports describing their work. With minimal supervision, they will execute design tasks under schedule and budget constraints and be required to report on the status of those activities. The candidate will also contribute to marketing and proposal activities as needed.
Additionally, the selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; moderate travel required (not likely to exceed 25%).
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Five years experience in design and fabrication of mechanical components or systems with a development team, beginning with guidelines or specifications, and continuing through testing and implementation
- Familiarity with ASME Y14 and proficiency with ASME Y14.5
- Demonstrated success in a design for production type environment
- Familiarity working within ISO 9001:2008 or AS9100
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Sole US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain DOD Top Secret Security clearance
- Active Top Secret government security clearance with Special Background Investigation (SBI)
- Master of Science degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in design for avionics, undersea applications, or sensor systems.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Computers
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Computer and Information Scientist, Research
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2413