JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world’s energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow’s technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
Our Corporate Information Technology (CIT) Group is currently seeking a Database Analyst III to join our Database Team with emphasis on Budget process support and possible future new implementation. This position is a full-time permanent role located in Columbus, Ohio and compensation will depend on qualifications and experience. This person must have the ability to work in the team environment both leading the Essbase budgeting process and working on various other projects as assigned.
- Support the Budget Process through the use of Hyperion Essbase and Excel Templates
- Build and maintains new complex databases and database objects
- Provide advanced data analysis and modeling, and physical/logical design
- Develops complex Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes
- Perform complex data warehouse design
- Contribute to the development of procedures and standards for database development
- Design and develop reports, stored procedures, and queries which meet business requirements
- Complete performance tuning of database application objects and processes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related computer discipline
- 5 to more years of related industry experience
- 2-3 years of maintaining Hyperion Essbase (9.0 or higher) databases, or considered a power user from a data retrieval aspect (using SmartView client).
- 3-4 years of advance Excel use with VBA coding
- Experience with report generation of an Accounting or Financial nature
- Database Development (SQL Server/Oracle)
- Report Development (SSRS)
- ETL (SSIS)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong subject matter expertise in IT Change Management
- US Citizen and ability to obtain a Government Security Clearance
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Planning
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials, PeopleSoft HCM
- Some background in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with OBIEE
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Computers
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Computer and Mathematics
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2504