RN Wknd Supervisor- Trans Care & Rehab-Franklin Woods
At Kindred Healthcare, our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND) is a healthcare services company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of over $4.2 billion. At December 31, 2009, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 621 locations in 41 states, including 83 long-term acute care hospitals, 222 skilled nursing centers and a contract rehabilitation services business, Peoplefirst Rehabilitation Services, which served 316 non-affiliated facilities. Kindred’s 54,100 employees are committed to providing high quality patient care and outstanding customer service to become the most trusted and respected provider of healthcare services in every community we serve. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Be in charge of a group of very dedicated nurses, ensuring that they are able to provide the highest quality of care for our residents. You'll be involved in hiring, orientation, monitoring their skills and training them to do their best. Working with our doctors, obtaining medications, and maintaining accurate records of treatment. The opportunities and the challenges are all here at Kindred.
- Supervise nursing unit including scheduling and directing the nursing staff to the extent permitted by the State Practice Act
- Coordinate effective use of personnel, supplies, equipment and facilities; obtain medications and medical records to provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents
- Contact physicians as necessary and ensure physician interventions are timely and appropriate; ensure appropriate documentation of resident care
- Review staffing patterns and census of nursing units; reassign personnel when necessary to ensure residents needs and budgetary controls are met
- Investigate complaints and take necessary action to resolve problems Nursing Supervisor RN Nursing Supervisor Registered Nurse RN Registered Nurse Supervisor Manager
Effective communication skills, the ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain confidentiality, and react decisively in emergencies are all necessary for this position. Must show skill in directing and motivating staff. Candidates must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing, (BS preferred) with a valid RN or LPN/LVN state license and CPR certification. Five years of experience in nursing with one year as a supervisor are preferred.
INDUSTRY: Health Services
JOB CATEGORY: Health Care (Counseling, Medical, Nursing, Child Care)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Healthcare Support
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 081711