JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world's energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow's technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
Our Corporate Information Technology (CIT) is currently seeking an IP Network Engineer/Project Leader. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
This senior IT professional will be responsible for the design of the enterprise network and supporting systems, provide administration and management support functions for our network infrastructure and will serve as a liaison with vendors and other third party provider.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Five plus years experience working IP network architectures, design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience should include knowledge of the following technologies:
Microsoft Server Operating systems, Linux Operating systems, Microsoft IAG/ISA/UAG/TMG, Cisco and CheckPoint hardware, software and support services, Cisco Firewall and IPS modules, VPN and SSL remote access Network Management (CiscoWorks) and Security
- Security Clearance: Successful candidates must be eligible for a DOD Security clearance
- Excellent organizational skill capable of leading and monitoring medium to large projects.
- Experience implementing systems on large enterprise networks
- Ability to proactively assess potential areas of risk in the organization’s network.
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing and troubleshooting complex network and security infrastructure issues.
- Ability to implement procedures to ensure the highest possible levels of system uptime.
- Good team player who enjoys working in a flexible, challenging team oriented environment.
- Cisco certification
- Familiarity with HP blade enclosures
- Cisco VoIP, QoS, IPv6
- Hands on experience with Cisco Nexus product line
- IP routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP)
- SONET, MPLS, 802.1X and Wireless LAN
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Computers
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Network Systems and Data Communications Analyst
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2505