JOB APPLY URL:
Established as the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Co. in 1883, PPG Industries is a leading diversified manufacturer that supplies paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, chemicals, glass and fiber glass around the world. PPG Industries is a leader in its markets; it is our vision to become the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Our continuing emphasis on the development of breakthrough products and processes, investment in highly productive manufacturing facilities and profitable global expansion combine to provide customers with the best services and products of the highest quality. We are committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for our employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA PPG has more than 140 manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates and operates in more than 60 countries around the globe.
As part of the operations team, provide technical and engineering support to the resin plant. The incumbent is responsible for the equipment, products, and operation of 1-2 reactor systems.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- develop procedures to ensure the safe and efficient production of resins
- monitor and improve existing methods and procedures
- serve as a technical resource including off-shifts and weekends
- ensure compliance with safety policies and operating procedures
- interact effectively with operators, supervisors, mechanics and contractors on a daily basis
- drive cost control, batch quality, and efficient utilization of assets
- identify problems and opportunities for improvement
- recommend solutions and implement corrective actions to improve safety, quality, cost, productivity, and variability
- support production supervision and fill-in as needed
- Work well with technical departments, plant engineering, EHS, operations planning, and quality assurance.
- Program process control PLC and write batch recipes for control system
- Maintain Process Control Computers
- The successful candidate will work well in a team environment and posses strong problem solving skills.
Experience and Education:
Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or equivalent along with five to ten years industry experience.
Functional and Technical Skills:
PPG prides itself on the quality of it's employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
INDUSTRY: Manufacturing and Production
JOB CATEGORY: Architecture
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Architecture and Engineering
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 1100002388