JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world's energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow's technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
The Energy Systems (ES) product line within our Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business specializes in providing innovative approaches to solving difficult problems in the area of water/wastewater treatment, water system security/vulnerability, and water infrastructure sustainability as well as investigating and remediating groundwater, water, and sediment contamination.
Our Product line is currently seeking a Senior Inorganic Chemist. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
- Lead projects and support business development
- Prepare in-depth technical/research reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Conduct assigned technical work and produce quality results in a timely manner
- Participate in client relationship development both internally and externally.
- Work closely with marketing staff to develop market plans and identify commercial, industrial and government clients and opportunities
- Develop R&D projects with solid market potential support management of intellectual property
- A Doctorate Degree in Chemistry or in Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering.
- 15-20 years of experience with engineering consulting firm, equipment supplier, or in the industrial sector with responsibility and experience in physical/chemical/biological water/wastewater treatment processes or separation processes including process development / design and project management
- In depth knowledge of aqueous chemistry (solubility, dissociation equilibria and kinetics, EH-pH relationships and applications to problem solving, colloidal chemistry, sorption chemistry, mass transfer and separations chemistry fundamentals as applied to aqueous systems and water/wastewater processing, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in technical report writing.
- Demonstrated and recent experience in business development, proposal writing, client interaction and relationship building, and selling projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well among a team.
- Ability to travel.
- Detailed knowledge of municipal and/or industrial wastewater treatment including biological and physical-chemical wastewater, hydrometallurgy, and residuals and biosludge processing Experience working with both government and industrial/manufacturing clients.
- Client contacts in Environmental, Water, Wastewater, Mining, Industry Sectors, and/or Process Engineering fields.
- Industrial employment experience with water/wastewater technical/process responsibilities a plus.
- Process operations experience, with training/troubleshooting
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
INDUSTRY: Utilities and Energy
JOB CATEGORY: Scientific (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental, Non-engineering)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Chemist
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2420