JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are responsible for directly impacting global energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow's technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
We are currently seeking a Strategic Acquisition Services (SAS) Sr. Contracts Manager. This position located in Columbus, Ohio.
The Strategic Acquisition Services (SAS) Sr. Contracts Manager oversees and directs personnel associated with Battelle’s Federal, commercial and international contracting functions and activities. This position will report to the Director of SAS. This position has overall control of strategic planning, staffing, budgeting, and process changes necessary in leading department managers that support the company contracting policies and business processes.
This position is responsible for overall adherence to the corporate contracting policies as well as administration of all customer contracts in support of the Global Businesses. Focuses on directing the team to meet critical schedules, resolve critical/complex technical or operational problems. Provides guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and company policy. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to organizational policies and procedures.
The SAS Sr. Contracts Manager organizes, fosters and enhances a unified, team-based delivery of these functions to Battelle operations. Frequently interacts with senior level managers, industry peers, and major customer representatives concerning contracts, operational decisions, technical activities, schedules, contractual issues, and general overall performance of organizational unit(s). Conducts briefings and technical meetings for senior internal and external representatives. Promotes and requires continuous process improvement in all delivered services.
The SAS Sr. Contracts Manager oversees the following activities and functions through direct actions and the tasking and supervision of SAS Contracts Managers assigned to them:
· Oversees the full life-cycle of contract activities from strategic planning, teaming, capture, requests for proposal (RFP) review, proposal development and submission, contract structure and negotiation, and contract management and close-out activities.
· Reviews and approves contractual documents and arrangements to ensure they are in accordance with management direction and policies.
· Leads strategic procurements, business acquisitions, complex negotiations, and problem resolution with internal and external customers.
· Conducts resource and workload planning and balancing.
· Coordinates employee recruitment, selection and training, staff development, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, awards and disciplinary actions.
· Advises business development, capture managers, proposal teams, operations and business unit management on business and contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
· Recommends improvements on operating and performance standards and continuously looks to improve upon these.
· Maintain a working knowledge of the internal and external systems.
· Develops and maintain complete and accurate contract files, and ensures that corporate contract files are current.
· Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required.
· 12+ years work experience in contracts, subcontracts, pricing, and/or purchasing required
· 5+ yrs management experience
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Development
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Business Operations Specialist
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
% TRAVEL INCLUDED: 0
% TELECOMMUTE: 0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2430
EXPERIENCE: 10-15 years
STREETADDRESS: 505 King Ave Columbus Ohio 43201